Location: Perry , GA
If you are a team player, with a commitment to excellence in whatever you do, you could have a bright career opportunity with CAHEC Management, Inc. With over 30 years in the property management business, we strive every day to fulfill our Mission by providing opportunities for employees to achieve professional excellence.
We offer everything from onsite property managers and maintenance staff, to district managers, and support staff at the home office located in Columbia, South Carolina.
We would like to have you consider joining a team that provides training, recognition, reward and challenge
We offer competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid time off, short term/long term disability insurance at group rates and 401K,.
Hiring Full-Time Apartment Maintenance Technician.
Schedule Monday thru Friday 8-5. Nights/weekends emergencies only!
- Applicants must be friendly and professional
- Applicants must have own tools and transportation.
- HVAC Certification Required
(Works under the supervision of the site manager, however, most of the day-to-day activities are performed without direct supervision.)
- Works with the site manager to carry out objectives of efficient property operation.
- Responsible for security and key control.
- Assist in purchasing of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Completes work orders and returns reports to office for proper recording. Work orders may include, but are not limited to, plumbing problems, electrical problems, changing filters, repairing hardware (door locks, door knobs, cabinet doors, etc.),repairing screens, replacing broken windows, checking and replacing fluorescent or light bulbs in the community room or office and vacant units, cleaning vacant units and all common areas, painting vacant and occupied units as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the site manager or District Manager
Each work day:
- Walk the property and pick-up trash and other debris.
- Perform emergency work order request first and then routine work orders.
- Coordinate all work with site manager.
- Return tools and equipment to proper storage.
- Alert manager of needs found during normal day activities.
- Check vacant units for completion of all work and certify to site manager when unit is market ready
- Check the laundry room, if applicable
- Check playground and playground equipment for safety and ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Check behind Independent Contractors as directed.
- Walk the property checking all roofs, siding and breezeways.
- Check the heating/AC units.
- Check grounds to determine if wet spots indicate sewer or water leakage.
- Check all windows for broken panes or missing screens.
- Check all buildings for missing light globes
- Maintain a list of units to be painted and setup a paint schedule when directed by site manager
- If applicable, check the playgrounds for safety hazards.
Monthly: (During Routine Inspections)
- Check inside plumbing for leaks.
- Change filters in each unit.
- Test fire alarms and replace battery if needed.
- Check inspection date on fire extinguishers, if applicable.
- Verify fire extinguishers are full and operable, replace if necessary.
- Assist manager as needed with resident quarterly inspections.
- Check property annually for exterior painting needs. Exterior painting normally is not needed for a period of five (5) to seven (7) years depending on the weather and other conditions.
- Interior painting needs are checked during each inspection but no less than annually. Normal repainting schedule is three years or longer.
- Carpet replacement need is checked during each inspection but no less than annually. Normal wear and tear of carpet is five years. Grounds contract will be monitored for compliance to ensure that property looks good at all times.
Apartment Maintenance technician must perform all, but not limited to, duties and responsibilities stated above and any and all duties assigned by management. Apartment Maintenance technician duties and responsibilities can be comprised of safely lifting heavy objects, use of ladders, performing work on, above, or below ground level, and may require stooping and stretching.
CAHEC Management Inc provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Resume may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAHEC Management / CMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer